The organization is aiming to develop the marginalized poor farmer and enhance to gear up the people who are called extreme poor through involving them in innovative Agricultural and livelihood development activities.
MATI Cooperative is a nongovernment development organization working in the northern part of Bangladesh in the districts of Mymensingh, Sherpur, Jamalpur and Tangail under Mymensingh division.
Mati focuses on extreme poor people (below 0.50 Decimals of land), marginalised farmers, share cropers, especial focuses on women, religious minorities, physicaly challanged children
• Poverty alleviation through innovative ideas of livelihood development for Poor & Extreme Poor:
• Cooparative, value chain and small & medium enterprise (SME) development
• Organic/bio-dynamic Agriculture for Food & Nutrition Security and Nature Conservation
• Environmental Conservation and Climate change
• Child rights in terms of their health & quality education
• Women Empowerment
• Basic Health, Welbeingh, Water & Sanitation
• Basic Human Rights
Mati directly or indirectly adresses almost all the sustainable development Goals (SDGs) while at least 12 goals are directly addressed by the intervenstions of the organization.
• Member of the BftW Partners‘ Working Group on Extreme Poverty
• Bangladesh Society for Sustainable Agriculture in Bangladesh (SSAB)
• ECNET, BftW, Germany
• Stuttgart Open Fair (SOFA), Germany
• Eine Welt Netzwerk Hessen, Germany
• Permanent Forum on Extreme Poverty in the World, Movement ATD Fourth World, France
• Bangladesh forum in Germany
• Climate change network of greater Mymensingh.
• Research work on poverty dimensions with ATD France and Oxford University
• Paritätischen Wohlfahrt Verband
• IFOAM international and IFOAM Asia.
Mati has been financially supported by international donors since 1999. We receive funding from
• German government organisations such as the BMZ, Germany
• GEZ, Germany
• Hessen Agentur, Germany
• German Embassy in Dhaka
• Bread for the World, Germany
• Misereor, Germany
• Bistum Limburg, Germany
• Oxfam GB, Bangladesh
• Stiftung Brücke, Germany
• e.V. Zukunftsstiftung Entwicklung, Germany
• Andheri Hilfe Bonn, Germany
• Deswos e.V, Germany
• Caritas Luxemburg
• Caritas Switzerland etc.